Final Film Magazine


Analysis of film magazine: 

In this magazine, I have used typical conventions of a mainstream product. It was easy for me to identify and make this ancillary task due to my experience in AS level. However, I wanted to develop my skills even further, so I produced something to a higher standard. From further research, I identified the obvious conventions of a masthead, image, byline and others, but it was interesting to see what other conventions an action genre magazine followed. To help in this process, I looked into Total Film magazine film company and looked at the mainstream products that would be on the shelves today. It was interesting to consider a female actress on the front cover on most of the magazines - I used this in my initial thoughts as I thought women here in action genre's are connoted as powerful and strong which is the message I wanted to get out for my magazine. The use of the image, in the centre third, catches the readers eye from her body language and facial expression. The masthead was inflicted by the bold mastheads on other media products again drawing the audience in. The font flows round her body enabling the image to be assisted effectively, but also so the audience can received what information they would like quickly. The puff has been created again to draw the audience in, which would then follow into my other two products. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment